1. What types of smartphone can I use to install i-Neighbour/ TimeTec Security/TimeTec Access Mobile App to unlock TimeTec Smart Turnstile?
You can use devices with iOS 9.0 or Android version 5.0 and above, together with Bluetooth 4.0 and above to install i-Neighbour/ TimeTec Security/ TimeTec Access Mobile App in order to unlock TimeTec Smart Turnstile.
2. Can I use the same Mobile App to access all turnstiles installed at the residential areas or offices?
No, you can’t unless you are granted permission by the Admin. Note that your Mobile App will only display the name of turnstiles or walk-ways that you are permitted to pass through.
3. Can the Admin control my access time via the turnstiles?
Yes. The Admin can configure daily, weekly or one time pass to restrict your access via turnstiles. Note that the configuration can also be applied to individual user’s within i-Neighbour app to unlock the turnstiles for access.
4. How could I use i-Neighbour App if the turnstile is located within an area that has minimum mobile network coverage?
You can definitely still use i-Neighbour App to access TimeTec Smart Turnstiles because the system is designed to function in offline mode by using Bluetooth communication.
5. Is it safe for the smartphone to communicate with TimeTec Smart Turnstile under offline mode?
Yes. Just imagine when you have been issued a card to access through turnstile; that same mechanism applies when you are granted access on a pre-approved basis and it makes no difference towards TimeTec Smart Turnstile. The only distinction is that the RFID card is replaced by a smartphone as your credential. Note that pre-approved basis and offline mode is a reliable mechanism and it can also reduce technical glitches during operation. Worry not; all access log activities will be uploaded to the system once the smartphone is back online.
6. What are the benefits of using a smartphone rather than using a card?
Cards can easily be lost, stolen or forgotten because it has no other functions except to open doors or gates; but a smartphone is functional and personal as well as being an important part of modern lifestyle. Besides, a smartphone contains a lot of power and functions which includes controlling TimeTec Smart Turnstile.
7. Can a user still access TimeTec Smart Turnstile after he/she has moved out from the residential area?
No. The Admin is responsible and can easily disable or remove the previous resident’s smartphone access from i-Neighbour web portal.
8. In cases whereby residents do not own any smartphone, what’s the solution to that?
We suggest issuing a BLE or RFID card as a backup to cater for such situations as well as pre-seting the cards to access the designated TimeTec Smart Turnstiles.
9. If my visitor visits me, would the guard issue him/her a card or should he/she be using i-Neighbour App instead?
We strongly recommend using i-Neighbour App because by pre-registering, visitors will receive a QR code to be scanned at the guardhouse, as well as a pre-approved access code to access your building via TimeTec Smart Turnstile. As such, no cards will need to be issued and returned at the reception or guardhouse to ease visitation process without compromising security.
10. What if some visitors do not have any smartphones?
The BLE smart card or RFID card can be issued and used as a backup.
11. Your system is using an offline mechanism based on a pre-approved basis. Is it possible for a visitor to cheat your system by setting the date and time on their smartphone back to the period when he or she was allowed to access the turnstile?
No, TimeTec Smart Turnstile would not be accessible. Because TimeTec Smart Turnstile is a passive panel based on the instructions given by i-Neighbour App, there is a real time clock built into the board. When visitors use i-Neighbour App to make a request to access TimeTec Smart Turnstile, the App will send the mobile phone’s date-time as well. Hence, TimeTec Smart Turnstile panel will only grant access if the mobile phone’s date-time is the same as the information on the panel.
12. If someone misplaced his/her BLE or RFID card and somebody else found it; can the person with the card still use it to access TimeTec Smart Turnstile?
No. The person who lost a BLE card or RFID card shall report to the management instantly to remove the card from the system and block access from any unauthorized person.